logix designer Faults
To suspend (shut down) the controller based on the conditions in the application, create a user-defined major fault. user-defined main faults:
- fault type =
- Define the fault value to choose a value between 990 and 999. Logix Designer reserves these codes for user-defined faults.
- The controller is handled in the same way as other major faults:
- The controller switches to programming mode and stops executing logic.
- Set output to configuration state or fault value
When Tag_1.0 = 1, produce a major fault and generate a fault code of 999.
To create a user-defined major fault:
- Create a fault routine for the program if one does not
- Configure the program to use the fault routine if it is not already
- In the main routine of the program, enter this rung, where:
- Tag_1.0 is the tag used to initiate the fault
- Fault_Routine_1 is the fault routine of the program
- 999 is the value of the fault code
- When a major failure occurs, the controller enters the failure mode. The output enters a fault state. The Major Fault tab in the Controller Properties dialog shows code 999.